Saturday 7 March 2015

Reptiles On a Northern Lowland Heath

Today was forecast to be warm but windy. It was really windy at 600ft asl where I live so it would be even worst at the moorland sites I normally visit. So I decided to visit a Lowland Heath, (one I first went to last year). There are a lot of trees here so I figured they would slow the wind a wee bit. I had a vague recollection of where I saw reptiles last year and indeed the first male adder I saw was close to where I saw one last year. This was quickly followed by another. I then saw a few Common Lizards the first of the year including a confiding male. I then found a bank with 3 adders together plus another singleton and my first Grass Snake of the year tucked under tree roots.


 Habitat
 Male
 Two Males
 Male
 Male
 Grass Snake
Common Lizard

1 comment:

  1. Wise choice to go to the lowlands Carl.

    Looks like you had an enjoyable day!!

    ReplyDelete