Wednesday 30 April 2014

Spring Migrants and Hares

Spring Migration is in full swing and many of the resident birds are well into there breeding season. I've seen quite a few Ring Ouzels on the moors and a first were 3 Woodcock displaying on the moor at first I thought they must be Snipe until I got a good look at them, they were chasing each other and every so often springing into the air, but frustratingly I couldn't get any decent photos. Having not seen any Brown Hares for a while, over the last week I have seen quite a few, with one particularly confiding.

 Blackcap
 Brown Hare



 
 Female Lapwing Incubating
 Male Lapwing



 Mountain Hare Going Into Summer coat
 Female Pied Flycatcher
Pied Flycatcher
 
 Ring Ouzel




 Juvenile Stonechat
 Tree Pipit
 Treecreeper
 Wheatear

 
Woodcock

No comments:

Post a Comment