Saturday 25 January 2014

Mountain Hares

Today I went up onto the high moors to try and photograph Mountain Hares Lepus timidus. They were fairly easy to spot in their winter coats against the non-snowy moors. However getting close to them is a bit tricky, I managed to get really close to one, then the next difficult bit is getting the camera up high enough without spooking them, from the rear end photos you can see I spooked a few. The weather turned bad very quickly so I scarpered back down.






 
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carl i think we are cousins. This is matthew brindley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt dunno whether you got my email but we are indeed cousins, how are things down under?

      Delete
  2. You got some shots of the furry, white buggers! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete